Product Manager, Monetization
New York, NY
Media Platforms is looking for a Product Manager, Data to own a significant data pipeline and data warehouse that supports analytics, data science, and data products across Hearst Magazines Media.
At Media Platforms, our technology, tools, services and solutions touch hundreds of millions of lives. Our team of engineers, product managers, data scientists and designers build a suite of products that lead the way in shaping and managing the future of publishing. Click here to learn more about our teams, and the brands that we serve.
As a Product Manager, Data you will build and manage core data pipelines that are critical to the functioning of Hearst Magazines Media. You will work with the latest data technologies, with a particular focus in Google Cloud Platform. You will work closely with stakeholders across the business, including Hearst Magazine Media's editorial, consumer marketing, data studio and sales teams - focused on transforming Hearst Magazines Media's raw data into valuable assets that drive business value and product development. And you will have the opportunity to play a critical part in the digital transformation of a world-leading media company.
What you'll do
• You will own development planning, documentation, and execution for our data pipeline, data warehouse, and potentially many products and tools that are built from these assets.
• You will work with an established data engineering team within an Agile/SCRUM development environment to execute on an existing roadmap, while also planning for and prioritizing against new requirements and requests from the business.
• You will work directly with both raw data and production datasets – analyzing, prototyping, and QA-ing massive datasets and complex dataflows on an ongoing basis.
• You will manage an instance of Looker and potentially additional BI and analytics tools with hundreds of users across the globe.
• You will define and communicate a portion of the overall data product roadmap that is aligned with company objectives, and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis.
• You will leverage the resources of a successful, well-known business combined with the nimbleness and forward-looking feel of a startup.
Who you are:
• You have 2-5+ years of experience in a product manager or technical product manager role, building data pipelines for an enterprise use-case.
• You have experience managing a range of ETL/ELT processes, and transforming raw data assets into usable data for analytics, data science, or data product use cases.
• You have experience with cloud data platforms and databases, in particular Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services.
• You have familiarity with data orchestration technologies such as Apache Airflow and Cloud Composer.
• You have excellent SQL skills, and bonus points for also knowing Python and/or R.
• You have extensive experience working with modern BI tools, including Looker, Tableau, Domo and Data Studio.
• You have familiarity with digital analytics and marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Ad Manager, Facebook Ad Manager, or equivalent.
• You are highly collaborative and are able to build trust and strong relationships at all levels, influence without formal authority, push back when appropriate, earn respect, and respect the contributions of others.
• You are an excellent communicator and are able to articulate a strategy and roadmap with a focus on solving business problems.
• You understand business objectives, convert them into clear development plans, and follow through with consistent and thorough execution.
• You understand the data engineering technology ecosystem and keep current with the latest trends.
• You are comfortable with ambiguity and challenge, concurrently managing and prioritizing multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
• You love data!
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.