New York, NY
Click here to learn more about our teams and the brands that we serve.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate software engineer who is eager to learn and contribute to team success. Our teams work in an agile environment and we value collaboration and respect, learning new skills, and a high quality of work. We are looking to fill roles with varying levels of seniority presently.
What You'll Do:
• Be part of a development team that innovates and creates modern tools and features that will be used across the entire Hearst content platform.
• Participate in key software design, working directly with other engineers, the product team, devops, and the editorial team.
Who You Are:
• You take initiative to constantly improve individually and as a part of a team
• You have experience in a role building software for consumer-facing web applications, preferably large-scale and content-focused
• You have the ability to take a feature or service to full completion, from working with our back-end tech through front-end implementation
• You are excited to mentor and collaborate with less experienced engineers
• You have understanding of microservices architecture
• You have experience building RESTful APIs
• You have 5+ years of software engineering experience
• You are eager to learn any other languages/frameworks that apply
• You have PostgreSQL experience (or similar relational database)
• You have experience working some flavor of Linux
• You are familiar with database performance tuning / caching strategies
• Experience with large-scale / high-traffic systems
• Experience with job queueing
• Experience logging and monitoring tools
• Experience with GraphQL API integration
• Experience Docker
• Experience with Amazon AWS
• A degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Experience with eCommerce platforms
• Understanding of payment processing
• Experience with Kubernetes
• System Architecture
• Experience with user Generated Content systems
• Experience with content management / distribution systems
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.