- Part Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionPart-Time Operations Technician
WCVB TV, Boston's News Leader and the Hearst Television station serving greater Boston, has an opening for a Part Time Operations Technician. This position supports daily production efforts for in-house and remote operations.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Master Control Operations, control room technical roles, (including camera shading and robotic control, audio and technical director).
• Studio floor directing/prompter, moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions, (including assisting in moving heavy equipment).
• Maintain the appearance of studios including regular cleaning of sets and floors, operate and understand the lighting grid and its associated control board.
• A demonstrated ability to safely climb ladders to adjust and maintain lighting fixtures as needed.
• Set microphones, IFB's and other support equipment for all on camera appearances.
• Basic computer skills and familiarity with Internet technology are necessary.
• Other duties as assigned by the Crew Chief and Engineering Management.
The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the news, and production departments, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts.
• 2+ years of experience working as an operations technician at a commercial television station or equivalent is preferred, with direct experience operating a variety of broadcast equipment.
• The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced news operation.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
Note: Posting is subject to change so please refer to career site for latest availability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d54443-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.