Digital Deputy Editor
Hearst Magazines' Enthusiast Group is hiring a Membership Editor to build stories and events for subscribers of Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, and Bicycling.
The typical workday will involve strategizing and executing media designed to attract and retain paying subscribers. This will include coordinating live events and working with our data team to analyze content. You will also write and edit stories that will appear across all platforms for each brand. You will also identify standout subscribers and write profile stories detailing their passion for bicycling, running, or building things.
This job will report to the Director of Membership Content and will be based in our Easton, PA, office. We will not be able to consider remote candidates for this job.
Please submit resumés in PDF format. Attach a very brief cover letter (less than one page) that includes salary requirements and details your familiarity (if any) with the Enthusiast Group's publications.
What you'll do:
• Identify, create, and execute content focused on acquiring and retaining subscribers for the Enthusiast Group (Bicycling, Runner's World, Popular Mechanics), aggressively and continually tuning our efforts to focus on the highest-value content. This includes short updates such as ''Club Notes'' compilations, and interactions with our coaches or other membership-centric contributors and staff.
• Work with Design, Edit, and the Newsletter Editor to produce content drawn from or focused on members, including items such as short quizzes, column-length content, and features and packages focused on subscribers.
• Communicate directly with members when needed.
• Assist with integrating members-only deals into editorial products
Who you are:
• You are familiar with platforms used to build and analyze paid content-we primarily use Google Analytics SailThru.
• You're able to work across teams towards a common goal.
• You have proven writing and editing skills, preferably for a national publication.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7n286-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.