As Director of Media Strategy at Hearst Magazines, you'll be charged with developing smart media frameworks that bring the Hearst portfolio to life for our advertising partners. You'll be at the intersection of analytics, brand marketing and digital revenue operations – weaving together core concepts from each discipline to bring key moments to market.
You will dig deep into our portfolio of ad products, data and editorial calendars to build pricing and planning frameworks to meet the market. You'll incorporate feedback from our Sales teams and advertisers to evolve those packages for our clients.
You will be a thought leader and a partner for our Client Success organization, providing them with best practices and centralized resources to respond to day-to-day client requests.
• Design and develop core digital media planning strategies to serve our wide variety of advertising clients and ad products. Analyze traffic patterns, inventory, and performance KPIs to craft formulas that win business.
• Collaborate with senior staff in Sales, Client Success, Yield, Research and Marketing to weave together proactive multi-channel client opportunities. These packages should both maximize revenue and meet client KPIs.
• Partner with brand-focused marketers to identify key editorial moments and size the surrounding media products. Establish packaging toolkits that maximize media opportunities, using research and site analytics to highlight opportunities.
• Partner with Yield & Pricing teams to establish business rules and success metrics for these programs to monitor business health. This may include tracking budgets, savings, makegoods and credits Develop appropriate workflows and ad systems capabilities to track adoption, delivery and performance for each program.
• Act as subject matter expert to our team of Account Managers and Program Managers, who use these media frameworks to respond to client requests. Develop trainings and feedback loops for these teams to respond to our advertisers quickly, with insightful opportunities. Ensure all campaigns and critical communications are executed effectively and key learnings are quantifiable.
• Proactively identify areas of opportunity to our Sales teams. Manage media mix recommendations on a quarterly basis. Lead strategies for the development of media plans that include creative, first-to-market executions.
• Demonstrate practical knowledge and deep understanding of all integrated media channel planning (Video, Audio, Print, Social, and Digital, including direct and programmatic/biddable media)
• Experience in strategic media planning across a variety of digital platforms. You have proven experience successfully delivering integrated programs within a fast-paced, environment.
• 8-10+ years of related experience in media, specifically digital media planning and sales. Experience managing a team is preferred.
• Experience with analytics and digital inventory management and pricing required. Demonstrated experience using Google Analytics, Excel and Google AdManager required.
• Candidates must be analytical, problem-solvers, resourceful and strategic thinking skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-changing environment and juggling multiple priorities, and ability to operate in a team culture Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to influence and to present to senior executives
• Positive, ''can-do'' attitude
Tenacity, passion and drive for results.
This role requires the position to be located in New York, NY with an in-office presence of 2+ days a week.
The base salary for this role in New York, NY is between $129,000 to $155,000 annually. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2nej-44-201-72-250-42 in your application.