New York, NY
As the online arm of Hearst Magazines, employment at Hearst Digital brings with it the prestige of a hundred-plus-year-old publishing empire with the excitement and rapid growth of a startup. We operate over two dozen major websites for print + digital brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Good Housekeeping and Seventeen as well as digital-only brands like Snapchat Sweet, and Delish.
of Media Strategy oversees a team of media strategists that work with the Sales and Marketing teams to put together the best possible proposals for our clients. This is a critical role through which all proposals goes through. A strong understanding of the media ecosystem as well as experience managing a strategy team are very important.
What You'll Do:
• Oversee the Media Strategy team
• Oversee hiring and onboarding of the team
• Lead weekly team meeting sharing updates and best practices
• Oversee assignment of Media Strategists against accounts
• Be point on escalations from sales and clients
• Become an expert in Adpoint and Salesforce ensuring to maximize the use of both tools
• Be an expert in the products we offer and work closely with sales and the ad product team on new solutions
• Work closely with the pricing and legal team on best practices
• Consolidate feedback from clients, the Ad Product Marketing, and other internal teams for digital product solutions to share with the team
Who You Are:
• You have 8+ years digital experience with a background in marketing analysis, sales planning and/or strategy, yield/pricing
• You have 5+ years of managing a team, including managing managers
• You have a deep understanding of digital media planning
• You have a deep understanding of social platforms and publisher solutions
• Previous Adpoint, Salesfoce and GAM experience preferred.
• You have great interpersonal skills
• You're able to prioritize many competing priorities
• You have a bachelor's degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxevm-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.