Women's Health is looking for a smart, organized, motivated, enthusiastic editor with a passion for all things sex, relationships, and lifestyle to join its integrated print-digital team. This person's primary duties will be pitching ideas, assigning, editing, and writing stories for both the website and the print magazine. They will work directly with the lifestyle director and an assistant editor across the Sex & Love, Relationships, and Life verticals on WomensHealthMag.com. They will also pitch and write stories for the ''WarmUp'' and ''Mind'' sections of Women's Health magazine. This is a full-time position based in Women's Health's office in New York City.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Assign and edit multiple evergreen stories per week, across the Sex & Love, Relationships, and Life verticals
• Foster and maintain positive working relationships with a stable of freelancers
• Research and pitch SEO-focused stories for Sex & Love, Relationships, and Life verticals
• Research and pitch print stories for ''WarmUp'' and ''Mind'' sections (with opportunities to pitch for additional sections)
• Attend and cover press previews and other industry events as needed
Who you are:
• You have 3 to 4 years of professional, post-grad experience at a consumer site or publication editing writers and working with freelancers
• You have a passion for and experience with covering all things sex, relationships, and lifestyle, including entertainment
• You have a knack for churning out clean, concise, and clever copy
• You have a basic understanding of analytics and SEO best practices
• You are a self-starter who wants to play a key role in shaping the direction of three website verticals
• You are able to juggle multiple deadlines at once
• You hold a bachelor's degree
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bmzv-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.