Lifestyle Editor, LIFT / Hearst Magazines
Hearst Magazines is seeking a strong writer-editor, who is comfortable creating content across a variety of brands, including Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Women's Health, ELLE, Good Housekeeping, and more. This new position is part of a growing editorial team that supports LIFT, an audience engagement group that grows Hearst Magazines' digital readership through paid social and search promotions.
The ideal candidate has a positive attitude and is up for writing across a wide spectrum of topics - from entertainment to health to fashion and beyond - and pitching in wherever needed. In this role, candidates will be diving into a variety of subject areas - researching, reporting, and writing stories daily - as well as supporting the team's senior editors with assigning, top-editing, and producing content from freelance contributors.
• Work closely with LIFT's senior editorial team to conceive and publish content across 20+ Hearst Magazines websites
• Write and/or edit 2-3 stories daily across many verticals, including entertainment, fashion/beauty, health, home, and more
• Help identify content across the network to enhance and/or modify for paid promotion
• Assist with writing promotional copy for ads and social media posts
• Field questions from editorial teams and join brainstorms to ideate new content to create
• Monitor traffic and performance to understand what's working and why
• Help manage freelance contracts and invoices on a weekly and monthly basis
• 3+ years of experience as a writer, with a minimum of 1 year working in a digital editorial environment
• Strong writing skills and a talent for quick turn-around on clean, voicey, accurate copy
• Comfortable editing and writing across a variety of lifestyle subjects and able to adapt voice and style to match brands and audiences
• Strong angling and packaging skills (understands the difference between a Facebook link post headline and how to angle an Instagram Stories promotion)
• Top-notch organization and communication skills and ability to stay on top of day-to-day details, while interacting with multiple teams
• Experience with editorial content production, including working in a CMS, with Photoshop, and other digital editorial tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vkox-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.