ThePioneerWoman.com is looking for a multitasking and highly organized food editor to write and produce recipe and food content. The ideal candidate is a skilled writer and editor who will obsess over recipe accuracy and has an advanced sense of what makes food content successful from a written perspective. This role reports to the digital director and serves as a liaison between the editorial staff in New York City and the Birmingham-based test kitchen team. The food editor will oversee the performance of all the site's recipes, which includes updating recipes, strategic pitching of food content, and writing and editing introductory recipe copy. This job is based in Birmingham, Alabama.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Manage day-to-day digital recipe production
• Edit recipes for accuracy, clarity, and style
• Ensure introductory text delivers clear and relevant information
• Help organize and track recipes through various indexes, then optimize related content in our CMS
• Monitor and respond to recipe comments, and answer with authority any questions regarding recipe methods and ingredients
• Update recipes on site with in-depth explainers
• Work with deputy editor and food director on edit calendar
• Write recipe updates that adhere to the brand's style, with an eye for accuracy and tone
• Update and maintain ThePioneerWoman.com's recipe style guide
Who you are:
• 5 years of post-grad experience as a recipe editor for digital sites or print publications
• Have a culinary degree and/or professional kitchen experience
• Sharp editing and writing skills
• Deeply knowledgeable about ingredients and cooking techniques
• Attention to detail and keen editorial judgment
• Copy-editing experience is a strong plus
• A passion for food, cooking, and industry trends
• Experience working in a CMS
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qbz2-18-206-14-36-42 in your application.