We're the fastest-growing food brand on the Internet. Our brand was built on the idea that you don't have to know how to cook, you just have to love to eat. Six years later, this still rings true as we bring people together through food. Get ready to join the most fun brand at all of Hearst.
Delish is searching for an ambitious and creative Food Director with excellent management and organizational skills to help shape, sharpen, and steer the brand's food POV across the website, print quarterly, social platforms, cookbooks, and special projects. This is a job for someone excited to push the Delish recipe content forward, while honoring the brand's ethos. The ideal candidate is a big picture thinker with a vision who can also thrive in the everyday: managing a team, overseeing day-to-day content production, and developing and implementing winning strategy.
Please note: for consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do:
• Lead all recipe and food content across Delish, ensuring editorial excellence across recipes, galleries, and culinary-focused stories, features, and packages.
• Manage the Delish food team, including four food editors, test kitchen assistant, and freelance recipe contributors.
• Pitch ideas for, oversee production of, and top-edit digital features and packages and print products, including our quarterly magazine, bookazines, and cookbooks.
• Work with SEO manager to identify opportunities and execute a search-based recipe strategy with strong YoY traffic gains.
• Oversee recipe video and photography across digital and print products, including cover shoots.
• Collaborate closely with our brand strategy and social media team on promotion of daily output and key brand initiatives and memberships.
• Work with food editors to fine-tune recipe ideas and closely manage all recipe development, testing, and shoot schedules.
• Continuously push the Delish recipe POV and coverage forward by bringing in new voices and managing a solid pool of freelance contributors.
• Ensure recipe galleries meet editorial and visual standards.
• Ideate and execute branded campaigns and new revenue and licensing opportunities.
Who You Are:
• You must be a cooking-obsessed, idea-generating editor with at least seven years of post-grad experience in the food world, ideally at a major brand or website, including four years in a professional kitchen.
• You have a strong food POV, with experience leading recipe development and production and directing visuals.
• You're hyper-organized and always on top of a fast-changing team schedule.
• You thrive in a test kitchen environment.
• You're a strong writer with top-editing experience. Print experience is a bonus.
• You're a team leader, ready to mentor and inspire a growing team, and a team player, who's not afraid to roll up their sleeves when needed.
• You are process-oriented, and have experience implementing best kitchen practices for efficiency.
• Culinary degree preferred.
• Food styling experience a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk45q-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.