House Beautiful is looking for a well-established, nimble executive content editor to lead content strategy and editorial direction for the brand's multi-faceted platforms. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in digital and print media and a deep understanding of the home design and interiors industry. Reporting to HB's editorial director, the executive editor will be instrumental in guiding the brand to hit traffic and revenue goals, as well as lead the content and voice of the print magazine.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
• Lead content strategy and editorial direction for House Beautiful across platforms, including HouseBeautiful.com, House Beautiful Magazine, video channels, and all social handles, in coordination with editorial director
• Develop and manage digital strategy that includes e-commerce, SEO, news, social media, and video to yield audience and revenue growth
• Support team of editors and department leads in creating high-value (and high quality) content
• Partner with sales and marketing teams on advertising opportunities, especially digital/social and native content
• Partner with creative teams (art, photo, social, video) to package and optimize digital content to make it both successful and fun to read
• Advise on direction and rollout of larger cross-platform initiatives (Whole Home, Live Better, Creator Class, etc.)
• Work with DME to create effective and flexible systems that support editors balancing workloads and hitting deadlines
• Oversee audience growth by working with Social Media team on platform strategies, and help direct and inform video development in coordination with video teams/freelancers
• A sharp writer, experienced manager, and strong editor with 12-15 years of media experience
• Passionate about home decor with a deep rolodex of designers and industry leaders
• Able to work quickly and pivot nimbly
• Familiar with Parsely, Google Analytics, and Looker
• Capable of juggling multiple long-term and short-term projects simultaneously
• Well-versed in building strong relationships and staying on top of industry happenings
• Comfortable partnering with cross functional teams including marketing, digital, photo and art teams
The base salary for this role is between $129,000 and $135,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4p94q-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.