Digital Pricing & Yield Analyst
New York, NY
We are seeking an Editorial Operations Director to join the Editorial Operations and Finance teams. In this role, you will contribute to and manage editorial teams across Hearst's 25 brands, including Harper's BAZAAR, Esquire, Good Housekeeping. You will also collaborate closely with all editors and be accountable to manage budgets, editorial processes & daily operations. The position reports into Finance.
What You'll Do:
• Editorial expense management: work closely with the Finance team and Managing Editors to ensure brand budget & expense alignment and collaborate with Edit Business Managers on invoice processing & reconciliation
• Contract Management: oversee and manage contracts across editorial brands, work closely with the Legal team on best practices and policies, redlines & negotiations and other various editorial contract-related needs
• Vet third-party vendors, tools & services for editorial: analyze business need, usage and negotiating T&C's
• Project management with the editorial teams as-needed on multi-brand projects, identify & road map process, resources and budget
• Work closely with Finance and HR on editorial staffing-related issues including but not limited to compensation, performance reviews and staffing needs
• Oversee editorial operations & workflow – liaise with internal stakeholders to brainstorm and implement new & refined processes and effective timely solutions
Who You Are:
• You have comprehensive knowledge and experience of editorial best practices from both an operational and business POV
• You have a demonstrated understanding of financial reporting and budget management
• You have a strong ability to multi-task and effectively manage & utilize time for self and others
• You are an innovative thought starter who will take initiative and help drive the business forward
• You are a clear and strong relationship builder and communicator
• You have working knowledge of various content driven tools and CMS platforms including but not limited to Google analytics, Asana, WoodWing, with a willingness to learn & help editorial navigate custom tools & functionality
• You have the ability to work independently as well as a collaborative team member
• You are agile with ability to adapt to shifting priorities & projects in a fast-paced environment
• You are an experienced project manager including defining goals, identifying and allocating roles and resources, planning and scheduling roadmap, and delivering results
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22452-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.