What You'll Do
• Work with the Editorial Insights team to build, deliver, and develop automated reports that track against key audience growth, content performance goals, and core engagement metrics.
• Perform data cleaning and aggregation to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Partner with the product and engineering teams to vet and develop new audience data sources and create ongoing efficiencies within key BI tools, such as Looker and Google Analytics.
• Support audience strategists, editors, and video creators to ensure all reporting and insights are clear, actionable, and support individualized strategies.
• Serve as a data guide and teacher, helping others make better data-driven decisions, read and understand reporting, and build their own bespoke reports.
• Share learnings with key stakeholders, creating data visualizations, sharing findings in group presentations, and surfacing intel on portfolio- and media industry-wide trends
Who You Are
• 1-2 years of experience in data analytics at a consumer-facing company; a background with a media-related business is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of Google Analytics, Looker/LookerStudio, Domo, or other content analytics and BI tools.
• Experience with SQL and comfortable with sourcing, merging, and working with multiple, disparate data sets.
• Familiarity with automating repetitive analyses utilizing Excel Macro Programming and R.
• Ability to analyze, interpret, and visualize data into clean, clear, and digestible dashboards and reports.
• Communicative and capable of building strong relationships with colleagues and breaking down complex topics into simple, influential terms.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
• An inherently curious person that loves trying to connect the dots.
• A lover of media with an interest in its ongoing evolution.
This role requires the position to be located in New York with an in-office presence of 2+ days a week.
The base salary for this role is between $64,000 to $78,000 annually. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro0kv4-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.