Food Network Magazine, HGTV Magazine and The Pioneer Woman Magazine are looking for a proactive and solutions-oriented editorial business manager to help manage the day-to-day operations of the brands. The ideal candidate will have at least six years of professional experience with a magazine, website or brand where they demonstrated impeccable project management skills and developed organizational systems. A passion for food and home is a big plus. This position will work closely with the copy, art, research and editorial teams as well advertising and production. The editorial business manager will oversee the editorial production process, ensuring that key deadlines are met.
What you'll do:
• Work closely with the managing editor and deputy managing editor on all aspects of managing content production, including magazines, books, social, digital and more
• Develop and manage schedules, track both day-to-day assignments and larger projects, help staff prioritize, and ensure all deadlines are met
• Manage editorial calendars and production schedules
• Work with art department shipping pages to prepress
• Onboard freelancers and manage contracts for writers and illustrators
• Process and track payment of invoices
• Work with legal and digital to execute editorial contests
• Onboard new hires, troubleshoot computer and other workplace issues
Who you are:
• A detail-oriented and organized multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment
• A team player who loves solving problems, is able to work with different personalities and has the ability to prioritize and delegate
• Working knowledge of InCopy, InDesign, and Woodwing.
• Copy editing or art production/design experience a plus
• Interested in food, home and lifestyle content
• Bachelors degree and 6+ years of relevant editorial/managing experience at a consumer magazine, website or brand
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0zbq6-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.