Full Time Job
E-Commerce Product Lead, Consumer Products
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing media for the 21st century.
We are looking for an E-commerce Product Lead to join our Consumer Products team and lead product development of our e-commerce shops. This team's mission is to create, merchandise, and market unique consumer products that will help us build deeper relationships with our 300MM+ audience across our broad portfolio of media brands. This person will be responsible for shaping our technical platform strategy, driving forward our product roadmap, and partnering with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders to achieve aggressive ecommerce growth.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in commerce or marketplaces and will have a proven ability to leverage an agile, data-driven approach to UX, conversion funnel optimization, checkout flow, and platform integrations.
What you'll do:
• Lead full-stack technical development and execution of our product roadmap including overall UX, merchandising tools, third party integrations, checkout flow, payments, order management flow, etc.
• Partner with Magento 2 Developers and project managers leveraging agile methodology.
• Lead QA and feature development on our Magento 2 shop platform across all of our brands.
• Identify areas of improvement on the platform, prioritize features that could drive results, and analyze the performance of these new features on a daily basis.
• Partner closely with a broad group of cross-functional stakeholders including marketing, business, editorial, design, and external vendors.
• Work alongside our Data & Analytics team to build dashboards, identify trends in performance, and refine our attribution methodology.
Who you are:
• You have a bachelor's degree in Technology, Media, or Commerce.
• You have 5+ years of experience in product management, specifically in e-commerce or marketplaces.
• You have a proven track record of focusing on broader platform goals while planning, executing, and analyzing feature development.
• You have worked alongside developers and successfully managed their workload in an agile approach.
• Ability to interpret data, derive insights, and transform insight into action
• You are an effective project manager and can prioritize competing deadlines and resources against business goals.
• Experience operating inside of the Adobe Magento e-commerce platform.
• Proficient in a variety of systems and tools related to the platform including Google Analytics, Google Optimizer, Google Tag Manager, various Order Management Systems, ESPs, etc.
• Familiar with various e-commerce business models including DTC, dropship, affiliate, etc.
• Familiar with affiliate marketing and affiliate networks such as Rakuten, Skimlinks, etc.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.