Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest online content creators and publishers in the world, with iconic and innovative brands that reach more than 150 million readers and viewers every month in the United States alone. But we're more than just our iconic magazines, such as Cosmopolitan, Harper's BAZAAR, Esquire, ELLE, Popular Mechanics and O, The Oprah Magazine. Hearst Originals is dedicated to creating and distributing original video content for all platforms. Hearst Originals continues to experience record growth across its slate of episodic digital series, including ELLE's ''Song Association,'' Harper's BAZAAR's ''Go to Bed With Me,'' Men's Health's ''Gym & Fridge,'' O, The Oprah Magazine's ''The OG Chronicles,'' Delish's ''Iconic Eats'' and the popular lifestyle YouTube channels, Clevver News, Clevver TeVe and Clevver Style.
Our Director of Onsite Video Production and Strategy will spearhead ideation, strategy and physical production for onsite video on our owned and operated sites across the Hearst Magazine portfolio. You will foster creativity and experiment with new ideas and formats in collaboration with writers, editors, producers and audience development teams. Throughout the process you will partner with brand leads, analytics, SEO teams and other digital executives to ensure that our video projects are resonating with online audiences and meeting audience engagement goals.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do
• You'll oversee and guide multiple brands and projects in various stages production, constantly monitoring the digital landscape for new trends in short-form video.
• You'll work with Insights team, Editorial brand teams, and video producers and editors to assign, review, and help place videos across the Hearst Magazine portfolio of sites to meet goals.
• You will use your technical, editorial, design and creative storytelling expertise during all stages of production and placement.
• You will work with digital leadership to develop and iterate on digital video strategy with an emphasis on growing viewership on our dotcoms.
• You will lead the idea generation and development of scalable onsite video formats with an emphasis on high performing, engaging, premium, brand safe content.
• You will work closely with the product team to continue evolving our placement and storytelling options for onsite video.
Who You Are
• You have 6+ years' experience in video, with at least three years working on digital video content.
• You have experience leading a team of 3+ people.
• You are comfortable in a collaborative, matrixed organization.
• You have worked on O&O video growth and are passionate about the opportunities of the space.
• You are known for strong leadership and organizational skills with an eye for talent (both behind and in front of the camera) and polished, compelling content.
• You believe that data can be used to make your work better and you have a strong foundation and experience in incorporating analytics into workflow.
• You have experience using CMS, digital video players, embed codes, and partner MRSS feeds.
• You are a problem solver who sees the whole picture of the project including optimizing placement for maximum views and engagement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ymm8-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.