Media Strategy Manager
New York, NY
Who We Are
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest online content creators and publishers in the world, with iconic and innovative brands that reach more than 150 million readers and viewers every month in the United States alone. But we're more than just our iconic magazines, such as Cosmopolitan, Harper's BAZAAR, Esquire, ELLE, Popular Mechanics and O, The Oprah Magazine. Hearst Originals is dedicated to creating and distributing original video content for all platforms. Hearst Originals continues to experience record growth across its slate of episodic digital series, including ELLE's ''Song Association,'' Harper's BAZAAR's ''Go to Bed With Me,'' Men's Health's ''Gym & Fridge,'' O, The Oprah Magazine's ''The OG Chronicles,'' Delish's ''Iconic Eats'' and the popular lifestyle YouTube channels, Clevver News, Clevver TeVe and Clevver Style.
Our Director of Celebrity Video, YouTube will spearhead strategy and physical production for our long running, successful celebrity franchises across Hearst Magazine's portfolio of iconic brands. You will collaborate with the Entertainment team, editors and audience development teams and cultivate new and existing talent for projects. Throughout the process you will ensure that our premium videos innovate, our curated talent resonates, and we meet ambitious goals.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do
• You'll juggle multiple brands, projects, schedules, talent reps and series in various stages of production and constantly monitor the digital landscape for new talent and trend in short-form and social video that might work for Hearst.
• You'll work with audience development, entertainment teams, and video producers and editors to select, assign, review/note, and publish videos across the Hearst Magazine portfolio of YouTube Channels to meet ambitious goals.
• You will use your technical, editorial and creative storytelling expertise during all stages of production.
• You will work with digital leadership to develop and iterate on YouTube video strategy with an emphasis on celebrity talent franchises.
• You will grow and lead a team of dedicated shooters, editors, producers and storytellers.
Who You Are
• You have 6+ years' experience in video, with at least 4 years working in digital and two years working on YouTube.
• You have experience leading a team of 4+ people.
• You are comfortable in a collaborative, matrixed organization.
• You have worked on YouTube video growth and are passionate about the opportunities of the space.
• You are known for strong leadership and organizational skills and an eye for talent (both behind and in front of the camera) and polished, compelling content.
• You believe that data can be used to make your work better and you have a strong foundation and experience in incorporating analytics into workflow.
• You have experience with YouTube Analytics, CMS, etc.
• You are an optimization whiz and up on the latest trends in thumbnails, trending topics, titles, etc.
• You are a problem solver who sees the whole picture of the project starting with the logistics to the finished product and optimizing metadata for maximum views and engagement.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.