The Director of Campaign Management is an integral leadership role within our Revenue Operations function.
They will be a technical expert in digital ad technology and operations, and understand how to connect those functions to broader company objectives.
The Campaign Management team oversees all digital media campaigns to make sure client expectations are met and goals are exceeded. This position works closely with the neighboring team leads in Client Success, Performance Marketing, and Yield Management to guarantee teams are working efficiently together.
What You'll Do:
As the leader of the Campaign Management function at Hearst Magazines, you'll oversee 3 core areas of focus to build a best-in-class digital operation. This includes: (1) Build a team of digital ad operations and campaign management experts, (2) Create a culture (and supporting infrastructure) of performance-focused campaign analytics and benchmarking, (3) Design workflows to lean into automation and outsourcing, helping the entire Revenue Operations team move faster in a focused direction together.
Build, direct, develop and manage the Campaign Management (Digital Ad Operations) team:
• Lead the Campaign Management function for Hearst Magazines; providing guidance, coaching and mentorship, acting as a point of contact for escalations as needed. Develop and evangelize process, expectations, best practices, and innovation within your remit.
• Recruit, train, and develop a results oriented team of new team members, develop growth-pathing for current team members to support their longer-term career development. Identify areas for training and development, and build those required skills across the team.
• Maintain a focus on client success and performance for all activities. Act as a strategic partner to key internal stakeholders (Sales, Client Success, Product, Finance) to facilitate, manage and prioritize demands that help meet and exceed revenue targets and department goals.
Design and maintain Performance measurement suite of tools, designed to track campaign and ad product performance over time. Manage experienced Analyst(s) and vendor platforms to aggregate a variety of data sources, producing actionable data for post-sale recaps and pre-sale insights.
• Assess current portfolio of campaign measurement tools and reporting processes.
• Manage a suite of vendors ranging from BI applications to campaign measurement/verification services. Be an expert on our vendor selection and partner with those vendors to evangelize new capabilities as they develop – both with vendor services and our product suite.
• Manage a small team of Analysts to build out this toolset, providing advisement and project planning along the way. Design reporting suite to serve the larger Revenue organization – act locally and think globally!
Oversee our outsourcing partnership and the associated workflow design across the Revenue Operations function. This centralization helps to ensure our teams stay in sync both on and offshore, and our processes are designed to serve everyone efficiently. Partner with other teams to aide their design and rollout of outsourcing workflows and programs.
Be a partner and thought leader to partner groups in Ad Product and Client Services to represent the needs of your team, and advocate for the design of solutions and processes to deliver campaign success to our clients.
Who You Are:
• 8-10 years in media sales and digital ad ops, with trafficking experience. Requires expert-level proficiency in Google Ads Manager (GAM) and order management workflows.
• Previous management experience managing individuals and people leaders required. Team size of 5+ required.
• Experience designing and executing large scale, enterprise operations workflows within a matrixed corporate environment required. (ie, OMS or ad server migrations are good examples)
• Demonstrated analytical skills with strong understanding of Microsoft Excel.
• Proficient Troubleshooting skills and able to apply technical knowledge.
• Experience with publisher ad technologies (Google AdManager, LiveIntent, AdPoint, VAST/VPAID).
• Flexible, personable attitude; ability to develop excellent professional relationships with all levels of personnel.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A Bachelor's degree
The base salary for this role is between $163,000 to $196,000 annually. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reywv0-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.