Seventeen is looking for an enterprising digital designer to oversee visuals for its website, social media platforms, and Snapchat Discover channel as well as all extensions of the brand. This position will report to the editor in chief and work closely with its editors and motion designers to provide imagery that furthers the storytelling on both mediums, as well as building brand standards.
The designer will uphold a central style guide for social, site and brand needs as well as communicate the daily design direction on the site for larger stories and features. In this position, you will be in a fast-paced environment and in close partnership with story editors, photo editors, illustrator,s and other designers to create best-in-class visuals.
The ideal candidate will be reliable, quick, and creative, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced digital environment and has a deep love of pop culture, entertainment, fashion, and trends.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with salary requirements and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Create mood boards, infographics, logos/marks, and all other design elements for digital-first features
• Work on projects from concept to post-production, making sure Seventeen meets brand standards and timelines
• Collaborate with editors to design visuals that tell a story and drive engagement
• Work closely with motion designers to meet daily design needs for Snapchat Discover channel
• Create graphics and design elements for features and news stories
• Ideate and execute visual strategies for social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and Snapchat
• Study the marketplace, assessing where Seventeen's work stands against competitors' and ensure that we are ahead of the curve
• Create motion-driven assets, both in video and short-form
• Drive constant improvement in Seventeen's quality, capabilities, and creative innovation
Who you are:
• At least 3 years of post-grad experience as a digital designer, producing shareable, digital-friendly content in desktop, mobile and social-friendly formats
• Experience working with editors to help visualize their stories
• Experience with creating conceptual infographics that combine data, copy, and images in eye-catching and easy-to-understand packaging
• Skilled at using typography and type design
• Excell at producing shareable, digital-friendly content
• Master of current digital design tools such as Adobe CS, Adobe After Effects, and Premiere
• Great at creative problem-solving and adapting to feedback and evolving needs
• Experience in creating GIFs and motion graphics
• Familiarity with pop culture, fashion and beauty trends, and current events, and in how people engage with them online
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91qb9-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.