ELLE.com is looking for a Digital Designer who will design collages, infographics, and other digital elements for ELLE.com. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of design sophistication, an eye for detail, and the ability to consistently meet deadlines with inspiring ideas and a great attitude. A passion for fashion and photography is a necessity.
Please note: for consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do:
• Work with ELLE.com editors on a day-to-day basis to create visuals that tell a story and generate excitement and engagement.
• Create mood boards, infographics, and design elements for digital features.
• Contribute art concepts to visual meetings with editors and the art department.
• Work on projects from concept to postproduction, making sure designs meet brand standards and deadlines.
• Study the marketplace, assessing where ELLE.com's work stands against competitors' and ensure that the site is ahead of the curve.
• Collaborate with the ELLE art department to make sure digital visuals are aligned with the aesthetic of the magazine.
• Collaborate internally and cross-disciplinarily with members of the Hearst product and marketing teams.
Who You Are:
• You have 3-5 years of professional, postgraduate experience as a digital editorial designer, preferably for a consumer brand in the lifestyle and/or design space.
• You are a genius at producing shareable, digital-friendly content for desktop and mobile, along with social media.
• You are a master of digital design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator. Knowledge of Figma and Adobe After Effects is preferred.
• Experience with creating gifs and motion graphics a plus, along with illustration skills and video experience.
• You possess a keen eye for typography and have experience designing for web and mobile.
• You have a sophisticated visual sense and the ability to keep the visual identity of the brand consistent.
• You are both a self-starter and a team player who can keep up in a fast-paced environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jm8q-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.