At Hearst Magazines Digital Media you will join a diverse, supportive community of creatives building new experiences in digital media. You will have the opportunity to work with an end-to-end product design team that includes visual design, user experience, user research, prototyping, and presentation/interaction coding for our proprietary media platform. Our designers contribute to an end-to-end design process that allows them to understand and own their work. You will work with diverse editorial brands such as ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Men's Health, Women's Health, Runner's World, Esquire, House Beautiful, and more.
We are building out the product design team that will focus on building the interfaces and design system for the tools that editors and marketers use. This is an opportunity to build complex and powerful products from the ground up. This role will oversee the team that works on:
• The creation of the core interface & workflows for Resin Creation, our brand new content and experience management system. This publishing service will support a team of 6,000 editors globally across 6 regions for an audience of millions.
• Our Identity & Access Management tool, Mylo. This team will work closely with product managers overseeing I&AM and our registration and membership strategy for Hearst.
• The creation of B2B tools and interfaces or Resin for services such as Marketing, Fulfillment, Account Management, and intelligence.
• We are looking for a design manager with experience leading teams, working within a design system, and working on a marketing platform or Content Management System to lead these efforts..
• You will work closely with the team leads to own the vision and strategy for the team.
• Your work will span two businesses: CDS Global, who owns the Resin and Mylo tech stacks, and Hearst, CDS's primary client.
• You will foster strong relationships with our stakeholders and oversee user research in order to understand the features and workflows required to support our goals: from the daily news cycle to immersive storytelling, deeply researched features to commerce-driven content. Your deep understanding of their individual goals and pain points will help us to design efficient and delightful solutions for our editors.
• You will advocate making our interfaces user-centered and accessible to people with disabilities, completing our comprehensive accessibility training, and advocating for implementation as you learn. You will include people with disabilities in your user research and testing throughout the process.
• Develop a deep understanding of business lines and goals, as they relate to your teams' products, customers, and key health metrics.
• Use that knowledge to give informed and useful feedback to project proposals and ongoing product work. You will ensure that the team roadmap is user-centered, data-informed, and consider the entire product ecosystem.
• Help us refine our product design process, incorporating user research and accessibility as core tenants of our work
• You will work with our Design Systems, Tools, User Research, Design Ops, Storytelling, and Commerce design teams to make sure that the entire user journey is considered and the impact of each other's work is understood.
• You have 2+ years of experience managing or leading a product design team and experience designing web or mobile products that have been fully implemented and released to a consumer or business market. Experiences should include working on a content management system and/or marketing platform.
• Experience working with a design system
• Experience distilling complex product requirements
• A commitment to user research and testing, accessibility, and inclusive design
• Portfolio of design work showcasing your design approach, learnings, and skills
• You care deeply about creating diverse and inclusive teams and products
• You have knowledge of accessibility standards (Section 508 Refresh/WCAG 2.0 Level A and AA)-and/or an interest to learn more
• Experience with implementing accessibility standards into design is strongly preferred
This role is fully remote and open to those living in the following states: AL, CA, CO, FL, IL, MA, MD, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, SC, TN, TX, VA
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9k0m-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.