Oprah Daily seeks a talented, versatile design director to lead the design department across all platforms of our growing brand. This position oversees the work of staff and freelance designers, as well as illustrators, photographers, and others who develop creative visual ideas for the brand. You are the right candidate if you are a digital-first thinker with at least seven years of digital and print content design experience; have an exceptional creative vision; have a clear sense of how to carry visual identity and design systems across platforms; have a keen eye for compelling photography and illustration; and can lead a team. You must be able to work at a high level while managing multiple projects in a highly collaborative environment.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Lead a team of multi-platform designers
• Design or direct the design of the daily digital site and social platforms
• Extend the visual identity of this growing brand
• Maintain visual systems, style guides, and design templates to consistently carry brand identity across platforms
• Oversee the design execution of the print quarterly
• Work closely with video producers and editors on motion design elements
• Manage the art department and art direction of the site, print quarterly, and brand platforms
Who you are:
• At least seven years of professional consumer editorial design experience
• Experience with UX, digital design, and multiplatform visual identity
• Management experience
• Exceptional design sensibility and production skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Expert knowledge of Figma, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Woodwing
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj92e1-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.