Design Director, Delish
We're the fastest-growing food brand on the Internet. Our brand was built on the idea that you don't have to know how to cook, you just have to love to eat. Six years later, this still rings true as we bring people together through food. Get ready to join the most fun brand at all of Hearst.
Delish is searching for an ambitious and creative design director with excellent management and organizational skills to help shape, sharpen, and steer the brand's visual identity across the website, print quarterly, social platforms, cookbooks, and special projects. This is a job for someone excited to push the Delish content forward, while honoring the brand's ethos. The ideal candidate is a big-picture thinker with a vision who can also thrive in the everyday: managing a team and executing a variety of large and small design projects on tight deadlines.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Oversee all visuals for the brand including onsite, photo, video, social, quarterly, cookbooks, covers, partnerships, licensing, and more as directed by the editorial director
• Lead all creative, design, photography, and production of the quarterly magazine, working closely with the art director, freelance designers, and print editors to up-level each issue
• Direct the design of the quarterly magazine, ensuring that all areas are carried out to deadline, quality, and on budget
• Collaborate closely with the digital editors to brainstorm ideas for visually based stories, features, and packages, including photos, infographics, motion, and video
• Direct the art department, managing projects on tight deadlines with quality visuals consistent with the editorial director's direction
• Cross-collaborate with the photo department, marketing department, branded, and contributing editors
• Continuously push the Delish visual POV forward
• Identify and evaluate fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction
Who you are:
• You have 10+ years of professional digital and print editorial design experience at a consumer brand, preferably food and/or lifestyle
• You have experience overseeing a consumer editorial brand, including cover creation
• You have experience managing a department
• You have experience being on-set to art-direct photos, preferably with print cover experience
• You have strong knowledge of InDesign, Woodwing, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
• You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• You have strong design sensibility and production skills
• You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Video graphic design experience helpful
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn394-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.