About Men's Health
Men's Health is the world's largest men's magazine brand, helping men who want greater control over their physical, mental, and emotional lives. We give men the tools they need to make their lives better through in-depth reporting, covering everything from fashion and grooming to health and nutrition as well as cutting-edge gear, the latest entertainment, timely features, and more. We're looking for a design assistant to help with the creation, production, and distribution of design solutions across all of our platforms.
The design assistant's primary focus will be on print design, but will include web, e-commerce, branded merchandise, and internal materials. We're looking for someone to take ownership of their section and produce vivid, authentic, clear, and exciting designs that engage our audience. The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, has good grasp of typography and design principles, able to manage several projects at a time, and able to thrive in a collaborative supportive environment. NOTE: For consideration, please submit a resume in PDF format, along with salary requirements and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Work closely with the creative director, design staff and photo editors to create bold and effective designs of all types on brand
• Take ownership of the design and workflow of Men's Health FOB franchises across print and digital platforms
• Work with design staff and photo editors to present photo and design options for editorial consideration and approval
• Commission illustrations and contribute other clever visual solutions for articles
• Design a variety of customized layouts: information graphics; charts, graphs, lists and rankings; and sections of special packages
• Manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
• Work closely with the digital art director to plan art treatments for print and digital renditions
What you'll bring:
• You have done at least one editorial design internship with a consumer brand or have about a year of professional post-grad experience providing editorial design content in a competitive and deadline-driven design environment for media or other brands
• You have a degree in design
• You have a good attitude and a willingness learn
• You have a working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• You have a high level of design sophistication and strong love of typography
• You are able to manage feedback from multiple parties and deal with fast-changing priorities
• You are willing to work flexible hours, as needed
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2nyp6-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.