The Hearst Visual Group is looking for a Deputy Visual Director, who is passionate about photography, to join the team and work on Harper's Bazaar. This position will focus on visual content creation with an emphasis on fashion, celebrity and feature shoots for both print and digital. The candidate must be a detail-oriented multitasker and have at least 5 years of experience working in the visual/photo industry. The candidate must have extensive experience with photo production and must be an organized self-starter with a strong ability to multi-task in a face paced environment.
• Commission photographers and produce shoots for print and digital.
• Lead all aspects of production with an emphasis on fashion, celebrity, still life and feature shoots.
• Attend photo shoots to produce and art direct.
• Collaborate with the Editor-in-Chief and Creative Director to conceptualize creative on shoot concepts.
• Work closely with model booker.
• Support Visual Director of Harper's Bazaar, who this position will report to.
• Manage budgets for assigned shoots.
• Input credits, pass hi-res files, book travel, generate photo contracts and certificates of insurance, create call sheets, etc.
• This candidate must exhibit professionalism and have a proven ability to work effectively with others.
• Experience producing and on-set art directing of photo shoots.
• Must have the ability to manage and maintain shoot and issue budgets.
• Must have good relationships with photographers, stylists and photo agents.
• Must be ambitious, proactive, detail oriented and must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re53q8-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.