Senior Editor, Prevention
New York, NY
Women's Health is looking for a deputy digital editor to help guide editorial strategy and develop content across our online platforms. You will oversee the day-to-day operations of the site, including news and evergreen content, and manage members of the editorial team. The deputy digital editor will also oversee various editorial projects and initiatives designed to help us reach our digital goals related to traffic, ecommerce, memberships, and more.
Women's Health is dedicated to helping women live their happiest, healthiest lives. We produce digital, print, and social content across multiple pillars including health, fitness, beauty, sex & love, and news. Please note: For consideration for this position, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Top-edit digital content from quick news stories to reported pieces to long-form features
• Work with editors across verticals to optimize content for SEO, traffic, and ecommerce purposes
• Help grow our membership program by ideating and creating exclusive paywalled content
• Inform digital strategy through a deep understanding of analytics and reporting
Who you are:
• You have at least 7 years of experience with editing and/or writing content for consumer websites
• You have experience editing service pieces and health-related stories, including features
• You are interested in health and wellness topics and content
• You know SEO best practices
• You regularly use Google Analytics or other data tools to analyze trends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y7xe-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.