We're looking for an analytics junkie with a passion for digging into data and getting that information into people's hands. This analyst role is part of the Editorial Insights Team, a central group that supports editorial creators across the Hearst Magazines portfolio. Reporting to the Director of Editorial Data, this role helps track, synthesize, and automate the sharing of audience data across Hearst Magazines' dot coms, social extensions, and other emerging platforms and works with our engineering and product teams, data scientists, and content strategists to help better understand what happened today and guide tomorrow's greatest ambitions.
What you'll do
• Work with the Editorial Insights team to build, deliver, and develop automated reporting tools that track against key audience growth and content performance goals.
• Combine and synthesize multiple data sets, cleaning, and verifying the data for accuracy.
• Partner with the product and engineering teams to vet and develop new audience data sources and create ongoing efficiencies within key BI tools, such as Looker and Google Analytics.
• Support audience strategists, editors, and video creators to ensure all reporting and insights are clear, actionable, and support individualized strategies.
• Serve as a data guide and teacher, helping others make better data-driven decisions, read and understand reporting, and build their own bespoke reports.
• Share learnings with key stakeholders, creating data visualizations, sharing findings in group presentations, and surfacing intel on portfolio- and media industry-wide trends.
Who you are
• 1-2 years of experience in data analytics at a consumer-facing company; a background with a media-related business is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of Google Analytics, Looker, Adobe Analytics, or other content analytics and BI tools.
• Experience with SQL and comfortable with sourcing, merging, and working with multiple, disparate data sets.
• Ability to analyze, interpret, and visualize data into clean, clear, and digestible dashboards and reports.
• Communicative and capable of building strong relationships with colleagues and breaking down complex topics into simple, influential terms.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
• An inherently curious person that loves trying to connect the dots.
• A lover of media with an interest in its ongoing evolution.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznpj3-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.