Very Local, Hearst Television's streaming platform offering local news and original programming, is looking for a Creative Lead to work with internal and external teams on the production and delivery of original series and specials. You have knowledge and passion for news, documentary and lifestyle programming, have excellent storytelling skills, a track record writing long form content, and an understanding of the nuances in programming for local markets. As a Creative Lead, you'll support Creative Executives and production partners to pitch, develop and produce original long-form content across a variety of genres/formats that celebrate communities across the US You will report to Sr. Creative Executive.
This role is based in a Hearst Television station market, which may include Pittsburgh, Orlando, New Orleans, or Omaha.
• Support projects across multiple markets in several stages of development from first pitch to series order; this involves the creative and administrative aspects of development, casting, production and post-production
• Seek out and manage relationships with producers and production companies in multiple markets
• Provide research and casting support, coordinate graphics, coordinate background checks, title checks, insurance tracking and other responsibilities
• Ensure production companies are meeting all deliverable requirements and deadlines
• Write and edit pitches, outlines, scripts and episode/series metadata
• Set-up interviews and coordinate field shoots, produce long-form specials/series
• Pitch and develop new projects, and seek out pitches from external partners
• Work with cross-functional teams (production, marketing, legal, risk, and scheduling) from beginning of a project to the successful launch of the content
• Prepare materials including decks, sizzles, show bibles, presentations
• Lead special projects as needs arise
• 4+ years editorial experience working in production and development on long-form content
• Journalistic writing, research skills, editorial judgment and storytelling abilities
• Experience working on documentary formats
• Multitask and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with Airtable
• Familiarity with acquisitions
• FAST channel and streaming familiarity
• Collaborative and team-oriented sensibility
• Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2e2x7-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.