Prevention is looking for a full-time commerce editor. In this role, you will write daily SEO-driven stories and keep top-earning commerce stories up to date. You will interview a wide variety of experts to determine the best recommendations for Prevention's audience and assess health and wellness (beauty, personal care, fitness, etc.) products. You'll use your product expertise to contribute to the print magazine and steer the brand's awards programs. You will also need to look at the big picture, and work closely with the digital director to strategize the best ways to meet and exceed Prevention's commerce goals. You should be comfortable using data analytics tools to monitor traffic and commerce performance. The Prevention team is a small, ambitious group that is eager to welcome a new team player.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Conceive, plan, and execute top-quality shopping content
• Interview experts and write informative, engaging copy
• Liaise with centralized commerce team on behalf of Prevention to strategize around major shopping events throughout the year
• Monitor and fulfill traffic and affiliate revenue goals
• Work closely with the digital director to strategize commerce growth opportunities
Who you are:
• You have 4 to 5 years of experience writing for consumer digital media, with a particular emphasis on commerce content
• You are a fast writer who contributes clean, thorough content
• You have a demonstrated interest in health and wellness
• You enjoy research and reporting as much as building compelling commerce content
• You have reporting skills and the confidence and ability to identify and interview experts
• You have SEO experience and familiarity with analytics tools
• Experience with writing and producing gift guides is a plus
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5wv0z-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.