Writer, Branded Content
New York, NY
Commerce Editor (Direct to Consumer DTC)
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
Our Commerce team is looking for a Commerce Editor to focus on creating and updating direct to consumer (DTC) content for product across all Hearst Brands to meet the goals of paid content initiatives. You will get to write about home decor products, technology products, appliances, kitchen items, home improvement items, exercise equipment, beauty products, and fashion. You will be part of the team that produces some of Hearst's most successful paid search campaigns due to our content around best sheets, best outdoor speakers, best wifi air conditioners, best blenders, best robot vacuums, best lawn mowers, best patio umbrellas, and more. As a Commerce Editor, you will get to indulge in your LOVE of shopping and obsession with Amazon and use your writing to meet our commerce business goals.
What you'll do
• On a daily basis, you will write, edit, and update commerce content that responds to a season, a trend, a category, and other brand goals.
• You will get to dig into the specifications of products to determine what makes them special to consumers. You will identify the details of a product that make a user want to complete their purchase.
• You will support search and commerce goals with a flexible mindset and the ability to change course quickly.
• You will have the ability to collaborate with our staff experts for product suggestions, brand recommendations, insights, and guidance. We have decades of experience at our disposal and we embrace that to guarantee all content is authentic.
• Your experiences and shared ideas will enhance the user experience through creative layout, clever copy, and appropriate retailers.
• You will get to create shopping guides that are digestible, shoppable, and highly authoritative.
• As a shopping guru, you will be able to identify reliable sources, retailers, experts, and brands.
• You will indulge your love of data by using Google Analytics and our data management platform to optimize for affiliate revenue.
Who you are
• You love shopping! We mean LOVE. You understand the value of 2-day shipping, are obsessed with Amazon, and have a passion for discovering new Direct-to-Consumer products and brands.
• You find it enjoyable to spend hours each day deciding what makes a particular product different from another and clearly expressing to users why they should buy one over another.
• You have at least 2 years writing experience with at least 1 year creating commerce content.
• You have an expertise or a passion for one or more of our key categories is preferred.
• You are flexible and able to produce with a sense of urgency! We pivot and reprioritize quickly.
• You have a basic understanding of SEO and commerce content best practices.
• You are a master at juggling multiple priorities throughout the day such as managing a list of updates needed from multiple campaign managers, delegating work to multiple additional contributors, and communicating with website staff editors for permissions and content ideas.
• You are a strong copywriter, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines and blurbs.
• You have experience working within a CMS.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.