We are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to join Hearst Magazines Media. This role will be embedded in a team whose mission is to enable Hearst Magazines Media with data across content, product/tech, video, e-commerce, sales/marketing, ad product, and revenue initiatives. The role will be focused primarily on ads and revenue data.
We use both Domo and Looker in-house and we are looking for somebody to help build and manage the ads and revenue reporting models that exist in both of these tools. The ideal candidate is a capable developer within these tools, and can write, interpret, and optimize SQL across dialects.
We also use Google's suite of enterprise tools, from BigQuery to Google Ad Manager to Google Analytics to Google Ads, and we expect this role to enable automated ways of retrieving data from these reporting interfaces in order to facilitate the analytics needs of the business.
This role will be exposed to a broad set of business and technology initiatives and will work with a range of teams. Being self-directed and comfortable multitasking is a must.
• Build and maintain internal ads and revenue analytics reporting systems used by various business groups within Hearst Magazines Media.
• Query and model data on an ad hoc basis from a wide variety of data sources that use SQL, GCP and AWS 'big data' technologies in order to develop and prototype reporting models.
• Use Looker's LookML, Domo's Dataflows, and other BI development platforms to build reporting models, to support the generation of actionable insights across ads and revenue analytics.
• Knowledge and experience working with relational databases and query authoring in SQL.
• Fluency with developing reporting in BI tools such as Looker and Looker Studio, Tableau, Domo, PowerBI, etc.
• Experience with enterprise software including Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Salesforce, Permutive, Facebook Ads, etc.
• Strong SQL and analytical skills.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• 1-3+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a technology or media company.
The base salary for this role is between $85,000 and $102,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r147ex-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.