Senior Director, E-Commerce Shops - Consumer Products
New York, NY
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest media companies in the world, but we're more than just our magazines. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone. We engage audiences across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing how brands engage their audiences in the 21st century.
HearstMade is the in-house branded content studio for all of Hearst Magazines. Through a combination of data-driven insight and editorial instinct, we create stories that not only get attention but drive action. We are looking for a well-rounded Branded Content Editor, Lifestyle to join our team of editors, designers, photo and video producers and talent bookers in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
The Branded Content Editor will work on all lifestyle branded content programs from pre-sale brainstorms through post-sale execution, conceptualizing, packaging, writing or editing custom co-branded content, and collaborating closely with our video and photo teams. Our lifestyle content covers a wide breadth of topics including, but not limited to, finance, autos, tech, travel and liquor and spirits.
The Branded Content Editor will work closely with the site directors and social editors across all Hearst titles to ensure content feels authentic, engaging, and in-line with each title's editorial voice-this content must be as exciting and well-executed as pure edit.
What You'll Do
• Assist the marketing team in conceiving of and refining ideas for branded content programs.
• Be the creative owner of campaigns from ideation to execution.
• Keep multiple, concurrent campaigns on deadline.
• Assign and edit all content within your designated categories.
• Collaborate heavily with video, photo, and design departments to ensure each piece of content is cohesive, high-touch, and well-packaged.
• Be mindful of performance goals and focused on achieving them.
• Partner with internal teams (including editorial, marketing, and project management) to move complex, custom-content projects forward.
• Create and deliver content that best serves a client's KPIs while remaining in-line with editorial best practices.
• Assist video producers in writing video scripts and graphics to ensure a cohesive voice.
Who You Are
• You have at least 5 years of professional editorial experience. Previous branded content experience is a huge plus.
• You are highly adept at producing shareable, digital-friendly content.
• You have great relationships with lifestyle writers across all or most applicable categories.
• You have exceptional editing, story packaging, and brainstorming skills-you should be an ideas machine and love to think big and strategic.
• You have experience editing feature content, profiles, as-told-to's, how-to, service stories and longer-form content.
• You have excellent communication and project management skills and are a stellar negotiator.
• You are a natural diplomat and have the ability to build bridges and work with teams with uniquely different objectives.
• You are a quick thinker, flexible and able to pivot as needed.
• You are patient, with a positive, can-do attitude!
• Pre and post-sale client campaigns and/or marketing work; writing RFP's, pitching ideas, assigning stories, art and development, assisting with production, working with project managers, etc.
• Some production; collaborating with creative leads on photo/video shoots, etc.
• Building content in a publishing CMS.
• Knowledge of personal finance and the luxury market.
• Knowledge of current cultural events.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.