About Hearst Magazines
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the US - including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics - inspires, entertains and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms. We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Hearst is seeking a Brand Finance Director to support consumer business plan development and editorial finance management for the Lifestyle group of brands at Hearst Magazines. The Brand Group Finance Director will oversee ongoing financial operations for the brands in the portfolio and drive strategic financial considerations and long-term growth planning across the portfolio. The position reports to Hearst's SVP of Financial Planning and Insights. Please note: Candidates must include their resume in .pdf or .doc format with salary requirements to be considered.
What You'll Do:
• Establish financial models, variance analysis, and scenario planning to support general strategic and financial questions relating to the business's growth ambitions.
• Develop and maintain a strong expertise in consumer financial modeling and digital product marketing, proactively staying ahead of the curve of industry knowledge, to deliver strong service to the business.
• Act as an advocate for the bottom line of the group, but with the business interests of the company at large as the north star. Stay apprised of key drivers in all areas of the p&l and collaborate with people across the organization to deliver on this mission.
• Liaise in service of the advertising team, translating the financial benefit of advertising business ideas and plans to the brand team (and vice versa) where those plans are of a net benefit to the corporation.
• Design and deliver ad hoc financial plans that accurately assess the size of new business opportunities and present a realistic view of their complexity, strengths and weaknesses.
• Work proactively to improve the operating and financial performance of the group, rethinking existing strategies, processes, or structures, when necessary.
• Own the timely and accurate submission of certain consumer and all editorial finances for the group's monthly forecast and close.
• Deliver variance reconciliations after the close of each month's financials, keeping the General Manager of the group, finance and company leadership informed of key trends, and escalating business issues quickly.
Who You Are:
• Minimum of 10 years' work experience across corporate FP&A roles, with meaningful experience in the consumer and/or digital media landscape. Bachelor's degree required. CPA or MBA a plus.
• Persuasive expertise. Candidate will be able to leverage insightful data analysis and forthright communication to express alternative viewpoints with confidence and humility.
• Continuous improvement attitude; natural interest in seeking out and implementing internal and external best practices.
• Strong planning and organization skills, with the ability to lead projects independently along a timeline without significant oversight.
• Excellent analytical skills, including financial modeling, database querying and statistical analysis.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to present at an executive summary level and master key details.
The base salary for this role is $155,000-$174,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
This role requires the position to be located in New York, NY with an in-office presence of 3 days a week.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3q1vx-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.