ELLE is seeking a Beauty Director to shape the magazine's coverage of beauty and create provocative, elevated, best-in-class content in print and digital. We're looking for a leader and thinker who wants to drive conversation on beauty topics. You'll not only explore the beauty market through a uniquely defined ELLE lens but also put trends into a larger cultural context for a curious, sophisticated, and diverse audience. This is a highly collaborative role that will manage a team of editors as well as working with ELLE's digital beauty team, features and fashion editors, and sales team.
Please note: for consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do
• Cover the beauty market, including events and desksides.
• Develop monthly print beauty lineups.
• Pitch, report and/or assign, write and/or serve as story editor for FOB and well beauty stories.
• Work with ELLE.com's beauty team to develop and strengthen digital content.
• Oversee and develop a team of two beauty editors and edit their contributions.
• Recruit top-tier contributors to write on beauty topics.
• Serve as a point person for sales & marketing teams on beauty-related advertising questions.
Who You Are
• You have at least 5 years of experience in a senior beauty position for a national fashion magazine.
• You are a strong manager who enjoys developing talent and is comfortable working across teams.
• You are a word person as adept with an essay or trend piece as you are with beauty tips, and you have a strong network of experts and creatives you can tap into.
• You love a big swing and get energy from creating unique and exciting editorial packages as well as solutions for our advertising partners.
• You have a passion for all things ELLE - fashion, celebrity, politics, and culture - and are intrigued by how beauty and wellness intersect with and reflect the world around us.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after November 15, 2021, be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81e7m-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.