The Hearst Women's Lifestyle Group is seeking a beauty assistant to contribute to the beauty editorial coverage of the national magazine titles Good Housekeeping, Woman's Day, and Prevention across all platforms. The position involves pitching, reporting, and writing compelling, factually accurate short and long-form beauty content across both print and digital. The beauty assistant will also be fully immersed in the beauty market, cultivating relationships with brands as well as gaining deep knowledge of products and trends through attending market appointments and industry events. The ideal candidate will have a love for all aspects of beauty, a passion for reporting and writing, impeccable attention to detail and organization skills, and an enthusiastic, proactive approach. The beauty assistant reports to the beauty director and works closely with each brand's team. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Pitch, report, and write print and digital beauty content for Good Housekeeping; contribute to Woman's Day and Prevention print and digital beauty content as needed
• Liaise with each title's photo and art teams to produce visuals for stories
• Coordinate assignments with freelance writers
• Support the beauty department with duties such as story research, liaising with public relations representatives for product credit information and images, organizing the workspace, and overseeing interns
• Cultivate an in-depth knowledge of beauty brands, products, and trends
• Represent the brands on market appointments, including public relations events and deskside meetings
Who you are:
• At least one beauty editorial internship and/or up to one year working in beauty editorial for a national print and/or digital magazine brand
• Experience working in InCopy and CMS is a plus
• Bachelor's degree; a degree in journalism or communications is a plus
• Passionate about writing and the beauty industry
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after November 15, 2021, be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvo6ew-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.