The Associate Style Commerce Editor will report to the Senior Commerce Editor and is responsible for aiding in the production of market and e-commerce coverage in the style section across Esquire.com. Additional coverage, which the editor will pitch to the Senior Commerce Editor, will range from daily quick-hits on celebrity style, brand profiles, and trend pieces that will help shape the conversation around what it means to be a stylish man today.
What You'll Do:
• Work closely with the SEO and e-commerce teams to aid in the production of market coverage based on keyword optimization, affiliate relationships, and a deep understanding of what items and categories people want to learn about and ultimately buy
• Dive into the data to understand how people are shopping from Esquire.com, and continually update and refine coverage to optimize for conversion while maintaining the highest standards for our readers
• Write quick, smart, engaging stories with a strong voice and point of view throughout the day
• Work with the art team to help bring stories to life across a range of different platforms
Who You Are:
• 1-3 years experience writing and producing content for digital media
• Enthusiasm about learning the market of men's style and grooming, with a keen eye for keeping on top of emerging trends
• Ability to interpret data from multiple sources and apply those insights to Esquire's ever-evolving style e-commerce strategy
• Experience balancing many different factors-from SEO to e-commerce to traffic-to optimize online content
• Enthusiasm about all the fun, sometimes-strange, and interesting aspects of personal style, and a hunger to help readers understand them
• Investment in the overall success of Esquire, and a desire to contribute across many different platforms
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d50z70-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.