Hearst's Product, Design, and Engineering team supports all technology initiatives within Hearst Magazines, and collaborates frequently with the many other divisions within Hearst Corporate.
As the Associate Product Manager of Commerce, you will be reporting into the Director of Product, you will contribute to the development of products through market and competitive research, user engagement, business analysis and problem identification. Ideal candidates are quick to learn and hungry for ideas and information. As an associate for the Commerce track, you will work closely with other seasoned commerce product managers and engineering teams to refine and execute on our roadmap. You will participate in all aspects of the Agile development process, responsible for high quality epics, stories and acceptance criteria. You must show an eagerness to learn and collaborate across multiple teams to engage and align with stakeholders, communicate technical details to non-technical audiences, present to medium-to-large groups, and work effectively with vendors and partners.
You will work closely across stakeholders including the Hearst Magazines Commerce groups focused on developing commerce capabilities to create natural, contextual experiences, scale operationally, and integrate with multiple platforms. You will balance rapid validation activities with long term vision. You will leverage the resources of a successful, well-known business to advocate and deliver value for your stakeholders. Very importantly, you are a commerce enthusiast with interest in solving a wide array of problems in this area.
This position will be remote, based in New York, Pennsylvania, or California. There will be opportunities for in-person work at a local office, if desired.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• 0-2 years in Internet/Web/Mobile product management, or equivalent experience
• Experience gathering, analyzing, and using data to inform product decisions
• Familiarity or vested interest in direct or affiliate commerce products
• Familiarity or vested interest in the publishing and media industry
• Ability to coordinate with multiple teams that are distributed across multiple time zones
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once, sticking to deadlines
Values and Skills
• Listening and communication. You are able to ingest and articulate problems from customers and stakeholders so that diverse audiences understand the issues.
• Curiosity and desire to learn. You are driven by the idea that there is always an opportunity waiting to be found.
• Customer focused. You take a deep interest in the problems facing our customers and stakeholders and work with more senior product managers to solve them in a way that delights and surprises.
• Collaboration and trust. You build strong relationships at all levels, and earn respect by giving respect.
• Results oriented. You use hard data to assess opportunities, drive metrics, prioritize work, and overcome obstacles to drive business outcomes.
• Motivated and mature. You take initiative, set context, listen and find compromises. You do not take disagreement or failure personally. You are hard-working and self-accountable.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are able to context-switch around multiple initiatives, and remain optimistic.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9bep-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.