Food Network Magazine is looking for an energetic associate photo editor to join its team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for photography and food. She/he will perform photo research, assist in working with freelance photographers to book shoots, attend shoots at in-house digital studio, organize shoot dates, secure releases, receive image delivery, and perform some administrative duties.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Research stock and archival images
• Produce shoots
• Create call sheets, negotiate costs with vendors, manage shoot budgets, etc.
• Manage and input photo credits
• Generate ideas and bring new photography talent to the magazine
• Work collaboratively with creative department and editors
• Process invoices and contracts
Who you are:
• About 3 years of professional photo-editing experience doing photo research and production at a consumer magazine, preferably in the food space
• Experience with hiring food and prop stylists
• Proactive and willing to take initiative
• Strong interest/knowledge of photography and food
• Positive and easygoing, with the ability to work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Degree in photography a plus
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after November 15, 2021, be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d982n7-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.