Hearst Magazines is seeking a smart and strategic Associate Editor with a strong background in search content strategy to execute the day-to-day digital editorial operations of Woman's Day.
The Associate Editor will work closely with Hearst's SEO team as well as the digital leadership of the Hearst Women's Lifestyle Group. This position will focus on implementing content strategies to drive digital audience growth on WomansDay.com across platforms, including monitoring and improving the SEO health of the site based on research and analytics. In addition to SEO content planning and execution, the job duties will also include assigning, editing, updating, writing and producing fun, service-packed lifestyle content as well as the daily management of WD's social platforms, partnerships and newsletter. The ideal candidate will have a keen understanding of the digital landscape and the ability to use data tools to inform lineups, as well as a positive attitude and a strong affinity for the brand's key service verticals: holidays, entertaining, home, gifts, pets, food and faith.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do
• You will execute the day-to-day operations of WomansDay.com, under guidance from the Hearst Lifestyle Group's Digital Director.
• With input from the SEO team and digital leadership, you will develop and implement strategic ideas for increasing the site's search traffic, on-site video views and ecommerce revenue, including monitoring data and trends, as well as staying on top of optimization best practices.
• You will assist with managing timelines, goals and budgets in order to develop new content strategies to grow our audience.
• You will assign/edit/write/update/produce SEO content across verticals (4-5 stories/day).
• You will collaborate with the print team by facilitating SEO strategy discussions and brainstorming sessions to identify opportunities that will translate into search traffic growth and streamlined workflow.
• You will oversee WD's social accounts and newsletter, as well as content syndication efforts, with a focus on growing engagement and traffic.
• You will serve as a digital liaison for the brand, representing the sites' interests and needs while partnering with various internal groups, including partnerships, branded content, consumer marketing, ad sales, editorial insights and more.
• You will program WomansDay.com's homepage.
Who You Are
• You have at least 3 years of digital editorial experience, with a background in lifestyle journalism and strong grasp of SEO strategy.
• You follow a data-driven content philosophy, relying on traffic and revenue metrics to inform short- and long-term edit calendars, along with a demonstrated ability to consistently deliver against that editorial vision.
• You have strong writing and editing skills paired with on-point organizational skills.
• You have an eye for packaging, including what is visually engaging and on-brand.
• You have the ability to identify new content buckets that target growth, as well as hone in on gaps in home and lifestyle space where the brand could be successful.
• You have experience in a fast-changing digital publishing environment, with the ability to quickly adapt to constantly shifting priorities.
• You are proactive and have a positive attitude paired with strong communication skills.
• You have the capacity to work well both autonomously and collaboratively.
• You are familiar with web analytics tools and social publishing platforms, including Google Analytics, Socialflow, Google Trends, SEMRush and Crowdtangle.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8mbz-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.