House Beautiful is seeking an enthusiastic storyteller to create content across digital, video, social, and print. As an associate editor, you'll be responsible for pitching, writing, and building stories, from from quick-hitting daily design ideas to longer-lead features and packages. Our ideal candidate can write a must-read story on a dime, is obsessed with all things home and decorating, and is a self-starter with experience working on lots of different projects at once. You're fearlessly creative but can always hit a deadline, and you understand how to translate site analytics into better performing content. You know that great design can be aspirational, accessible, and really, really fun all at once.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter and a link to clips.
What you'll do:
• Pitch, write, and produce features for digital, print, social, and video
• Use site analytics and SEO to constantly hone story angles, breadth, and process in order to hit your personal goals and help our team hit their KPIs
• Collaborate with fellow editors and producers to meet deadlines and create top-quality content
• Build and strategize around weekly newsletters
Who you are:
• You have at least three years post-grad experience producing editorial content for digital and print publications
• You have excellent writing and editing skills, and knowledge of what makes a great story
• You have strong experience in service journalism and SEO
• You're obsessively organized and can hit a deadline under pressure
• You have a passion for home decor and interior design
• You have experience mentoring younger writers in an editorial environment
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjn1k0-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.