House Beautiful is looking for a motivated and passionate associate editor to produce stories across our platforms: digital, video, and print. Experience writing for a digital publication is a must for this role, as is a genuine desire to learn as much as possible about interior design and share those insights with our readers. You'll pitch, write, and build everything from news write-ups to home tours and opinion pieces. The ideal candidate is a quick but detail-oriented writer who obsessively follows their favorite designers and home brands on Instagram. Please note: For consideration, resumes need to be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Pitch, write, and produce daily stories to run on HouseBeautiful.com, as well as weekly videos and as-needed print contributions
• Use Google Analytics, Looker, and SEO tools to track the performance of your stories and then boost your numbers based on learnings
• Collaborate with the art, video, and style teams to create engaging graphics and scripts for your stories
• Hit your deadlines!
Who you are:
• You have at least three years of post-grad experience writing for digital consumer publications, preferably in the home decor/design space; print and video experience is a plus
• You have excellent writing and reporting skills
• You have deep experience in service journalism, SEO, and analytics programs such as Google Analytics and Looker
• You are passionate about home decor and interior design
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22z66-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.