ELLE.com's beauty team is looking for a highly organized, deadline-driven Associate E-Commerce Writer to join their team. In this position, you will work closely with the Beauty Director to pitch and write commerce - and traffic-generating content within the beauty vertical. This includes working on assigned SEO stories, writing product roundups, covering celebrity beauty news, calling in products, and organizing team desk sides. You will also work with the Fashion & Luxury Commerce Manager, making sure that important stories in the beauty vertical are included in the newsletter, to attract additional e-commerce growth and to aid in ELLE.com's traffic goals. This role reports to the digital Beauty Director.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio or samples of work.
What you'll do:
• Write approximately 15 e-comm or SEO-driven beauty stories per month.
• Skillfully craft beauty content that attracts readers and drives purchases. This includes coverage of major commerce tentpoles, including Amazon Prime Day and Cyber Week.
• Organize and attend desk-side meetings with beauty brands to stay in the know on new product launches and beauty news.
• Call in new products for the team to test and shoot for upcoming stories.
• Stay up to date on celebrity beauty news and trends and write them up quickly and cleanly when needed.
• Contribute to ELLE's social media platforms by pitching relevant beauty-related posts for potential inclusion on Instagram and TikTok.
• Stay up to date on all of ELLE.com's beauty stories and suggest relevant pieces to the Fashion & Luxury Commerce Manager for inclusion in the weekly newsletter.
• Help meet both traffic and commerce KPIs by using Google Analytics, Looker, Parsely, and Pattern & Shape to pinpoint bestselling products, stories, and affiliate networks-and to analyze shopping trends, inform future stories, and better optimize all beauty-related shopping content.
• Conduct interviews with celebrities, beauty experts, and other specialists in a timely, thorough manner to include in digital stories.
• Test out new, trendy, and relevant beauty products to create original, informative, and accurate content pieces for ELLE.com and social media.
• Brainstorm new franchise ideas for both ELLE.com and its social platforms to foster both audience growth and commerce revenue potential.
Who you are:
• You have 2-3 years of experience writing for an editorial platform covering beauty.
• You are organized, deadline-driven, commerce-focused, and tuned into the latest happenings in the beauty space.
• You can write timely, informative, data-driven beauty stories that communicate effectively to ELLE's audience, driving traffic and sales.
• You are detail-oriented and well-versed in traffic and commerce KPI tools like Looker, Google Analytics and Pattern and Shape.
• You are passionate about beauty products and trends, with a deep knowledge of new and indie beauty brands.
• You are collaborative and creative, always willing to pitch new stories and pick up new tasks.
• You are excellent with deadlines, always submitting work on time, or early.
The base salary for this role is between $64,000 and $67,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvjq20-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.