The Hearst Magazines Commerce Team is looking for a versatile writer to join our team and assist on daily updates across all Hearst Digital Media brands. This role tackles a variety of subjects on a daily basis, covering everything from technology, fitness equipment, beauty, fashion, outdoor gear to appliances. Candidates should be comfortable writing about a wide range of products. This role will involve updating numerous commerce stories on a daily basis, replacing out of stock items, chasing sales and deals, and inciting urgency. Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment is a must.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years writing experience for an online media company or publisher. He or she should be skilled at sourcing and recommending products in a highly informative yet entertaining manner. Our audience is highly capable. You should be confident informing them and connecting them with the products they need to live an enriched life. This job will be based in our Easton, PA, offices; we will not be able to consider remote candidates. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.''
What you'll do:
• Write, edit, and update commerce content daily.
• Revise existing content as needed for stock or revenue goals.
• Create commerce content that is digestible, shoppable, and highly authoritative.
• Identify reliable sources, retailers, experts, and brands. You will be directly influencing what our readers purchase.
• Be truly versatile. You will be expected to write about a wide variety of products, across all our brands, and quickly change voice.
• Work quickly and be comfortable handling a large volume of assignments. You will be updating anywhere from 20-40 stories (or more!) on a daily basis.
Who you are:
• You have a minimum of 2 years writing.
• You have a minimum of 1 year creating commerce content.
• You have a flexible mindset. We pivot and reprioritize quickly.
• You have basic understanding of commerce content best practices.
• You are comfortable in a fast-paced digital environment.
• You are a strong copywriter, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines and blurbs, all the while keeping the brand's voice in mind.
• You have excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
• You must be able to collaborate and foster positive relationships with colleagues.
• You have experience working within a CMS.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8n01-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.