Senior Editor, Home and Design, Made
New York, NY
Harper's Bazaar is looking for an associate beauty editor to join our cross-platform beauty team. The ideal candidate is a strong writer who turns in clean copy, is resourceful and thoughtful in their research, is proactive in their communication, and has an understanding of the evolving beauty landscape.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Write features for print magazine monthly
• Identify emerging beauty trends
• Contribute to brand website and social media platforms
• Edit the assistant beauty editor and select freelance pieces
• Form relationships with key industry players, from talent to PRs
• Take market appointments and represent Bazaar at press appointments and events
• Liaise with art and photo teams to help produce beauty layouts
• Work directly with copy/research teams
• Call in products and arrange shoots for print stories
• Work with advertising on projects as necessary
• Conduct preliminary art and photo research for beauty feature shoots
Who you are:
• 4 years of post-grad experience as a beauty writer; some editing experience is a must
• Passionate about the beauty industry
• A skilled, resourceful reporter
• An idea generator who will bring a fresh perspective
• Adaptable between writing for print and for digital
• A collaborative self-starter
• Comfortable with working with other departments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7no1k-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.