The Pioneer Woman Magazine is looking for a creative, detail-oriented and highly organized associate art director to work on features in all sections of the quarterly print magazine, as well as social/digital content, presentations and other projects. You must be organized and able to juggle several layouts and projects simultaneously. This position involves working in a collaborative environment with art directors, photo editors and features editors. Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Woodwing is required. Experience with photoshoots is also required, and experience with color correction and an interest in food and lifestyle editorial are a plus.
What you'll do:
• Collaborate with art directors, photo editors and features editors to design print layouts for the magazine, as well as presentations and graphic elements for digital content
• Attach text, prepare files and monitor stories from concept through production and shipping, using the Woodwing workflow system
• Oversee photoshoots and work with digital imaging specialists on color correction
• Report to the creative director and art director and work together to establish styles, palettes, templates, and other visual elements for The Pioneer Woman Magazine brand
Who you are:
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design, publication design or related field
• At least 4 years of print design experience, ideally at a consumer lifestyle magazine; social/digital design work is a plus
• Interest in home, food, beauty and lifestyle editorial content
• Able to package multi-layered stories and propose creative, innovative design approaches to home, food and other lifestyle stories
• High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Able to work in a highly collaborative environment under tight deadlines
• Illustration or fine art skills are a bonus
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r10wpy-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.