Assistant Program Director
''Comedy. Rock. Ravens.'' Born in 1977, 98 Rock (WIYY-FM) is one of the longest-running rock stations in America and consistently one of the top-rated stations in Baltimore. More than just the music (a unique blend of mainstream, active, classic and alternative rock), 98 Rock is a multi-platform lifestyle brand with the most powerful personality lineup in the market and is the flagship radio station of the Baltimore Ravens.
The Assistant Program Director will play a key role in all station programming functions including scheduling, research, strategic planning, production & imaging, promotion & marketing, and other associated functions.
• Schedule Music and production (image pieces, show promos, etc.) and adjust logs based on daily spot load
• Produce Ravens pre-game show programming, including editing and scheduling pre-recorded content, booking guests, and preparing the log.
• Maintain MusicMaster database
• Communicate and coordinate with traffic department regarding sales initiatives.
• Participate and contribute in weekly music meetings and promotions meetings
• Foster relationships with music labels, artist managers, and promotors
• Recruit, interview, hire, and train new producers and board ops
• Schedule and track days off for producers and part-time air talent
• Direct supervision of Programming Assistant
• Assist with remote broadcasts
• Coordinate with engineering to maintain and improve studio functionality
• On-call for studio emergencies (off-air alarms, log issues, staffing, etc..
• Help maintain FCC public file
• Minimum 3 years' experience in a programming-related role at a radio station.
• Expertise in using music scheduling software (MusicMaster preferred)
• Knowledge of automation software (WideOrbit preferred)
• Audio editing ability (Adobe Audition preferred)
• Knowledge of rock music (all sub-genres) is a plus but not required
College degree preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6kmyn-54-224-117-125-42 in your application.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.