Seventeen Assistant Editor
Seventeen is looking for an Assistant Editor to produce high-quality content across our verticals for our digital platforms, with a focus on Seventeen.com and Seventeen's Snapchat channel. This editor will work across verticals, including celebrity, news, politics, health and will use their experience both writing and editing to ideate, edit, strategize, and write stories, franchises, and packages across platforms. This position reports to our Editor in Chief and Deputy Editor.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do
• Pitch, write, assign and edit original, on-brand health, lifestyle, news, and celebrity stories that satisfy both reader interests and audience growth goals
• Write daily news stories (a mix of search-focused and newsy response pieces) for Seventeen's website and Snapchat channels
• Interview experts and talent for on-site Q&As, and reported pieces
• Cover live events like the Oscars and Grammys
• Monitor the Gen Z / teen landscape across all channels to jump on coverage opportunities and plan long-term content
• Work with our deputy editor on larger packages and features for the site and social channels
• Pitch social and video ideas and extensions of your stories
Who You Are
• You are a deadline-oriented writer and editor with 1-2 years of experience in editorial
• You have a deep understanding of teen culture and Gen Z
• You have experience writing news, celebrity, health and lifestyle content
• You are a facile reporter who can interview experts and talent and turn around both quick Q&A's and thoughtful profiles and reported features
• You are trained in SEO, Google Analytics and Google Trends, as well as Adobe InCopy
• You are familiar with the Seventeen brand and its very specific voice and audience, and able to write and edit with said voice and audience in mind
• You are able to turn around clean, concise copy quickly
• You are flexible and comfortable giving and receiving feedback and edits
• You are a kind and creative team player
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq1xb-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.