Good Housekeeping is looking for an assistant editor, product & reviews, with a strong background in ecommerce and a passion for covering the best deals and products across home, appliances, health, beauty, tech and parenting for the digital arm of the world's largest women's lifestyle magazine. Reporting to the deputy editor of the Good Housekeeping Institute, the ideal candidate will be excited to work alongside the scientists, engineers, and analysts in the storied Good Housekeeping Institute, digging into data and developing strategic insights in order to create best-in-class, science-backed content that will help us reach our ambitious commerce goals-and help readers discover top-tested products they'll love!
This person will work with Hearst's SEO team, ecommerce team, and the Good Housekeeping Institute experts to edit, write, and produce info-packed and spotlessly accurate content around products, including ''best of the test'' roundups, product reviews, sales & deals coverage, and relevant consumer news. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a strong writer who can parse through lab testing data and write it up in a clear, compelling, and upbeat way for consumers. We're looking for someone with a mix of editorial and analytical skills, who has experience working within content-based affiliate operations at a digital media brand. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Edit staff- and freelancer-contributed shopping stories-including galleries, listicles, and articles across various topics-with an eye toward clean, search-optimized copy that highlights the testing and product expertise of the Good Housekeeping Institute
• Write and update content in a way that is voice-y, search-optimized, and smartly packaged, plus other writing and editing as needed for print, digital, events and summits, awards, social, and video
• Work with Hearst's central ecommerce team on sales & deals coverage, including editing and producing original content for high-performing sales holidays like Black Friday, as well as content syndication strategy
• Stay on top of breaking news, consumer alerts, trends, new products, and the latest buzzy stuff happening in the product space, and pitching the best ideas
• Working with the photo, design, and video teams to optimize product stories with original imagery, graphics, video, and more
Who you are:
• You have at least 2 years' post-grad experience in digital editorial strategy with a focus on ecommerce content
• You have strong editing, reporting, and writing skills, particularly with ecommerce content, including sales and deals roundups
• You have a strategic service-journalism sensibility and think creatively when it comes to packaging
• You have a talent for digging up the coolest and most interesting products, as well as finding original reporting angles when it comes to consumer news
• You understand analytics, and can translate them into editorial action-familiarity with Google Analytics, Looker, Skimlinks,
or similar reporting tools is key
• You are a whiz when it comes to SEO and ecommerce best practices
• You are a team player who is proactive, organized, enthusiastic, and deadline-oriented, and is willing to pitch in whenever needed
• Experience producing or hosting multimedia and/or knowledge of video and social platforms a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3kx65-3-229-142-104-42 in your application.