Good Housekeeping, one of the largest leading lifestyle media brands in the US, is looking for an Assistant Editor to join its home décor and lifestyle team. You will use your reporting and writing skills, as well as your keen sense of style, to produce compelling content for the brand across both print and digital platforms. The ideal candidate is an energetic go-getter, who is creative, a top-notch writer, able to meet daily deadlines, and is passionate about the lifestyle space, including home décor, holiday entertaining, crafts, organizing, DIYing, and more. This position reports to our Senior Home Editor.
Please note: for consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do
• Write smart, engaging, and timely content across the magazine and website.
• Help pitch editorial ideas in the home, holiday and lifestyle space.
• Research, write, produce and/or update 2-3 stories per day for the site - including gift guides, holiday craft how-to's, home décor inspiration galleries and product roundups, and more - in a way that is voice-y, highly sharable, search-optimized, and smartly packaged.
• Work with the art, photo, and craft styling team to make sure new images and projects appear on the site.
• Assist editors with key editorial production tasks, including building print stories online, sourcing and optimizing images, research, and fact-checking.
• Contribute to relevant brand projects and extensions as needed, including video, events, social platforms, and membership program.
• Support programming on Pinterest and Instagram.
• Promote diversity, ensuring that content reflects the diverse and wide-reaching nature of our audience.
Who You Are
• You have at least one year of postgraduate experience writing lifestyle-related content.
• You have a strong understanding of the Good Housekeeping brand and the types of products and styles that will resonate with our audience.
• You are passionate about the lifestyle, home décor and holiday entertaining landscapes and keep up with relevant trends in these areas.
• You have an eye for sourcing stylish products and images.
• You have top-notch organization skills and attention to detail.
• You have a clear, creative snappy writing style.
• You have an understanding of SEO and ecommerce best practices.
• You have previous experience with a content management system. Previous experience with Photoshop is a plus.
• You're a team player with a positive attitude and enthusiastic about learning new skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn58p-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.