Associate Commerce Editor, Country Living
About Country Living
Country Living delivers useful, actionable advice related to all the comforts of home (design, food, pets, gardening) alongside soulful and spirited how-tos that embrace slowing down and living well. Our ''small-town'' community of millions of highly engaged print, online, and social readers knows that how you live is more important than where you live, and that Country Living is a breath of fresh air delivered whenever, wherever you need it.
The Assistant Editor will serve as a vital part of all platforms of the brand, including CountryLiving.com. You should have extensive knowledge about homes and style trends and products, pop culture, a love for all things social, and a knack for crafts.
For consideration, please submit your resume in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to your portfolio.
What you'll do:
• Pitch and write story and gallery ideas for CountryLiving.com.
• Create original content for social media and manage CL's social feeds.
• Work with our SEO team on audience strategy and development.
• Some editing, and some administrative work for the CL team, as needed.
• Create crafting content to work across all platforms.
Who you are:
• You have at least one year of professional, postgraduate editorial experience, ideally in the lifestyle space.
• You have a bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
• You have an understanding of SEO, analytics, and social media platforms.
• You are curious, willing to roll up your sleeves, and keeping pace with the constantly evolving digital landscape.
• You are a self-starter with enthusiasm for home design and crafts, organized with a sharp attention to detail, and a team player who can keep up in a fast-paced environment.
• You have strong time-management, communication, and interpersonal skills, and-above all-are fun(!) with a positive and professional attitude.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.